You guys are LOVING my new funky fireplace (&& so am I! ) and so I thought I’d share step-by-step how to create your own!
Before beginning, make sure you choose your fabulous Dixie Belle color(s)! You can find them ALL here, plus everything else you’ll need for this tutorial: https://
1. First, you are going to clean every part of your fireplace that’s being painted with White Lightening by Dixie Belle. If needed, make sure you sand off any lacquer before cleaning!
2. Once your White Lightening has dried, tape off all walls, tiles, etc. that you don’t want your funky, fabulous colors touching.
3. Using a medium artist brush (you can get these at any craft store or on Amazon), begin applying the first coat of paint from bottom to top on the trim ONLY! Repeat for as many coats as needed.
4. Once your trim is dry, using Dixie Belle’s Mini Synthetic Brush, start applying your paint to all other areas, one coat at a time. Always be sure your paint is completely dry before applying next coat.
5. Once your first coat is dry, repeat step 4 until your fireplace is coated solid and you’re happy with color!
6. If more than one color is desired, now’s the time to add in that second color! As you can see, I went with two colors on my fireplace. I started with Flamingo and once it was dry, added Apricot to compliment it!! Reference back to step 3 for painting second color.
7. Now is the time to apply any finishing touches such as glazes or waxes! If you’re a Brush with Brittany member, you can find more tips and tricks on this step in my online paint course you enrolled in!
8. Apply Gator Hide by Dixie Belle, which is a water repellent top coat!! Trust me–you’ll want this on EVERRRRYTHING! We sprayed our Gator Hide on, but it can easily be brushed on or applied with a Sponge Applicator!
9. Let dry.
10. Stare at and enjoy your new funky, fabulous fireplace!!!
I cannot wait to see all of your fireplaces!
Now, onto the tiles 🙂 I will update once mine is completely finished!