Now that you’ve got your supplies, let’s get to hangin’ those precious pics!
1. Put your photos in your frames then lay frames out on floor in the layout I’ve provided in the picture below. You’ll want to take a photo like this of your pictures in their layout as well, for reference once you start moving them! I don’t know about you, but sometimes just when I think I have something memorized, it disappears from any memory bank I have. Trust me—take the photo. (Frame sizes below are 5x7s and 8x10s!)
2. Measure widest length & width of your set from the floor. Make sure you’ve got your photos evenly spaced apart. I typically put about an inch above and next to each photo.
3. Map out your above measurements centered onto your chosen wall space. Mark the center (in this case that would be the leopard frame pictured above!) at the top. (My center is 29”) The hard part is done! Take a breath, give yourself a pat on the back! Your space is about to look FABULOUS!!
4. Hang top middle frame in center using marked measurements, a level, and command strips. You can also use nails if you’d like. I prefer command strips so I can add/change/rearrange my photos whenever I’d like without damaging the wall or leaving a visible hole!
5. Continue hanging the rest of your top row. You want all of your pictures on this row to line up on the bottom, like you see below!
6. Here’s where you pull out your handy dandy picture reference! Grab that phone (or camera) and see which order you had your middle row in! Now it’s time to hang it, and then you can move on to the bottom row!
TA-DA! Look at that!!! You’ve livened up the space, and made it look as if a professional had done the job!
I hope this blog helps you to display those special moments and people in your life for you and all your friends to see.
“Because every picture has a story to tell”